Sunday, November 2, 2008

Horizon

Oh yes, I think I have finally made up my mind. God is an illusion. Not the spiritual God, but the religious one. Well, so that's done.

There is one more thought which I have been pondered over for a long time. It is the notion of competition. The implicit need to do better than the rest. The frictions which arise due to this need, between me and others, and within myself too. Every moment of life spent, one is trying to bridge the gap. It is the gap between me and others. Too much time is spent in assessing how different we are from the rest. If a fraction of this time were to be spent in seeing how similar we are to each other, then there would simply be more happiness around us. Who decides if there is a gap between me and you.
Are you better looking than me? Are you more studioues than me? Success, Power, Religion, Poverty ... Distinctions plague our day to day living. Strangers and friends, friends and foes, trust and deceit ... These dipoles will not cease to exist, not only in our minds but also in the actions we perform, unless we stop competing. We are all chiselling off each other (heard this somewhere)

Of course, I cannot stop with just accepting my present conditions. Need to do what the heart of hearts says. A mind set needs to be changed. Choice needs to be made.

Once that is done, everything else ensues.

No comments: